10 Customer Reviews
By: Dan M
Do Not Buy This Backpack
I recently purchased a Renegade RSS 17 Laptop Backpack to replace a worn out backpack which I have had for the past three years. The primary use is work as I travel fairly extensively; I typically carry a full backpack with laptop, iPad, headphones, folder, books, cables, etc.
I did a lot of investigation online, reading reviews and comments, and thought that I had picked a suitable replacement backpack. This is my feedback (in no particular order):
1. The straps are too short – I am 6’3” and around 200lbs, the straps need to be almost completely loose to fit me (note: that I am of fairly lean build with average width shoulders)
2. The straps come loose – when walking normally the straps come completely loose over time, this is somewhat annoying as they then need to be constantly tightened
3. Bag does not stand upright – the bag needs to be placed beside a wall when off of my back otherwise it falls over completely
4. Internal pockets – the internal pockets in the lower and upper front pouches are too tight and too small. It is hard to fit anything useful in them
5. Back pain – I’m not sure what is the cause here but this backpack has caused me to strain my back during my last trip. Having had the previous bag for a number of years there is a definite difference
6. Not fit under seat when flat – the bag would not fit under the airline seats (Delta economy, economy comfort and first class seats) when laid flat. The design makes the bag too deep even with the pockets not stuffed full
7. Red stain – my laptop is light grey and when placed in the RSS pocket it came out stained red (note: the backpack was not wet)
8. Phone pocket – the strap mounted quick access phone pocket is too small for an iPhone with a protective case (note: simple bumper type case)
9. Water bottle holder – the pocket does not securely hold a water bottle, when used a bottle hangs out at an awkward angle and gets caught up
10. Laptop charger pocket – this is too small for most power cables/ transformers; it would likely work with a Mac charger however my small form power charger is a tight squeeze
11. Pen holders do not work – the pen holders are so far down the front pocket that the pens they become damaged
12. No key clip in front pocket as advertised – the tag on the bag shows a key clip however this is not present on the final product.
I am just deeply disappointed in the product considering the cost vs. another backpack brand ($150 [before discount] vs. $99.99).
Note: This is the first time that I have felt the need to write to give feedback about a product.
Best backpack I've owned!
I've only be using the pack for a while but find myself continuously appreciating all the compartments and the quality of this backpack. I understand some people didn't read the " select thin 17" laptops" part but my 15" rMBP fits with room to spare both in depth and width. I love the pocket on the shoulder strap for my phone too because when it's not in use it's invisible and doesn't bother me.
By: Emma T
Personally I like the quality of this backpack and it is a great size for school and traveling. I actually purchased my Ogio bag at Winers at a more affordable price ($60). I was very happy with the amount of pockets and compartments this bag had. Many people dislike this bag because of the laptop pocket being too small, however I find it a great fit for my 16" laptop. I also must say that the crush proof vault is very nice. In my opinion it's a great product.
By: Willie O
Really disappointed after such high hopes
Advertised as a 17inch laptop bag, however that is NOT the case. Whats truly terrible though is the dimensions on the laptop pocket say 15.5" x 10.5" WHAT THE #$%^. I wish i would have noticed that instead of the 17 they not only put in the model name but the tags on it that advertise 17 as well. great material, really light, awesome bag, really wanted this one and now im really mad that it doesn't fit. Browsed the OGIO website and there sizing is not very accurate. WATCH OUT
Renegade RSS 17
First, I have to say this to all of those students who bought this backpack: Who in the hell carries a 17" Laptop along w/ all of their heavy books to school? Maybe, ya'll should look into 15" laptops and/or mini-notebooks. Tablets come to mind.
IMHO, Ogio only makes 3 great backpacks; other than the one for us bikers, that are great for college students. And they are the Tribune 17, Bandit 17, and RSS 17. I like these bags because they have waterbottle holders, media pockets, laptop/tablet sleeves and most of all a pocket for my sunglasses. But my only complaint is that the RSS 17 is way TOO EXPENSIVE! I mean who in the hell has the $$ to shell out for that kind of backpack? I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars due to its high price tag.
By: Brent M.
Advertised to fit 17" laptop and I have a very slip MSI GS70 laptop that fits with room to spare in all other bags. This bag, can't zip around the corners of the laptop. Looks to be $125 wasted as I can't carry my laptop. Not happy. What sucks is, other than that, the bag is amazing and the quality is top notch. Super light, great construction, great materials, pocket layout is fantastic. Just can't use it!
Bummed Out Customer here OGIO.
Pros: Very protective, Extremely durable, Plenty of pockets, stylish, heavy duty zippers, laptop pocket is absolutely amazing,
Cons: Heavy, a little smaller than expected but it stretches out, for some reason the straps are SO short, I'm 13 and the straps are perfect/tiny bit small, maybe just my bag but still strange
Review: I have been using this back since August 2013, it has been everywhere with me, school, New York City, CA, Vermont, my motocross races with my camera stuff, so i am giving this bag a very fair review. So it is very durable, haven't even had a loose thread in the 8 months i have been using it so that is fantastic. I am an avid photographer/videographer so i use this bag to carry most of my gear when i go on Vacations along with my 13 inch Macbook which brings me to the laptop compartment. it is great, very tight but you want it to be, the "suspension" thing seems to be working well. although i don't think setting down my backpack would break my laptop it is still nice to know that i can drop it and everything will be okay. it has many pockets and most of them are labeled for what they are designed to carry but if it fits in the pocket you can put anything you want in it. The zippers feel very sturdy and durable, they use a few different size sippers throughout the bag and they all feel very sturdy. The back has a very nice look to it despite the horrid photo on the olio website that makes it look very round, it looks much better in person in my opinion. The bag is very heavy, which if you are carrying the bag around all day much like i do it can be a strain on the back, however it does have very thickly padded straps and the flat back of the backpack is very comfortable so the weight is subdued by the design. The straps on my bag are very short, i have them fully extended and they are barely able to reach a comfortable spot, i honestly don't know if its just my bag because if you are above 6 feet there is no way your gonna be able to wear this bag the way i do, and I'm 5'10. the bag was a little smaller than i expected it to be, however it did stretch out and i use it like i would any other bag. so over all it is a very close to perfect bag, ogio if you could make the straps quite a bit longer and lower the weight of the bag it will be unbeatable. but as it is right now it is an amazing bag and if you use a backpack a lot and have the money to spend this bag will make your life easier.
I really picked this bag up because it just looks awesome. It holds my
Samsung Ativ 9 Lite (13.3") nicely. Overall the bag is an eye catcher and does stand out, which I like...Great Bag Ogio...
By: Thomas O.
Good bag, misleading name & size
Seriously, why title and describe a bag as being suitable for 17 inch laptops, when this is too small? This applies to your vendors descriptions, who say it is suitable for "most 17 inch laptops"
It is complex enough choosing the right bag We don't need your descriptions to be misleading.
It is NOT BIG ENOUGH for my 17 inch laptop. Obviously, this is a major issue lots of your customers face (if you're reading the comments at all?)
I bought one such bag online, after a few hours of research. Including delivery, this cost me $180 USD. To return it or a refund wold have cost me an extra $40 USD in non refundable postage, plus time to ship. So I did what everyone else did and cut the suspension which makes it so, with a bit of force applied, I can close one of the zips.
THIS IS REALLY STUPID. You have mislabelled this bag and what it is fit for. My guess is you made a mistake in the design phase and decided to ship it anyway. Please explain this to all of us in detail.
OTHER CUSTOMERS BEWARE - THIS IS NOT A 17 inch BAG.
My husband is an airline pilot. He loves it! It's perfect for him to travel . I'm going to order a second one.