We know that many of our customers use our products in all different kinds of ways. Some of you use the RIG 9800 for your MX gear, others use the Endurance bags for training and competition, and some of you take a backpack from home to the office. No matter how you use your OGIO bag, it’s bound to get dirty, grimy and yes, even smelly.
I use the Endurance 9.0 for all of my mountain biking gear and after a good long ride I’ll throw my sweat-soaked helmet, jersey, shorts, socks and gloves into the bag and head home. But after about 7 uses, I noticed that my bag started to stink. Imagine that! Not to mention that it started to pick up dirt and grease just from having the bag on the ground and next to my bike during transportation.
So, how do clean your OGIO product?
OGIO products are designed to provide you with many years of use, however, it is important that you take the following steps for proper care. Before we begin, it is important to note that any damaged caused to your OGIO bag due to cleaning will void the products warranty. Please be careful and use common sense.
1) Use a mild soap (never use detergents or solvents) and a damp sponge, wipe out the inside and outside of the bag. Be sure to completely air dry the product with all zippers open prior to storing.
2) Stubborn stains may require scrubbing with a soft bristle nylon brush. However, please note that excessive cleaning may damage the protective coatings provided by the manufacturer and is NOT recommended.
3) Never put your bag in the dryer as the heat may damage the manufacturers protective coatings. You should also keep it away from direct sunlight and away from direct heat sources (such as the oven, a space heater, radiator, etc).
4) The use of solvents and dryers may damage your bag.
5) Always store your bag in a cool, dry place.
That should be it! You’re on your way to a very clean bag. And I’m on my way to the mountain for another ride. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our warranty department. You can reach them at 800.922.1944 or at email@example.com.