6 Customer Reviews
By: Manuel Diaz
Best backpack I have ever own
I had this bag for almost 2 years. It became my work backpack since then and I have used it every work and travel day. The space is perfect to fit all my work related stuff, including electronics. It does not even show signs of being wore out. The straps are comfortable and adjustable. I love this bag and I plan to continue using it until it breaks and have to get a new one.
OGIO Continues a Great Legacy
I just realized this is the 4th OGIO backpack I own. I LOVE this bag! Compartments are large and organized, external pockets and pouches are perfect size for miscellaneous stuff. Laptop compartment fits my 15 inch HP with room to spare. Padding is high quality and the back padding is a lifesaver.
I can't cover all of the benefits of this backpack in this review.
HUGE benefit is when you purchase an OGIO product you get outstanding OGIO Customer Service, it is AMAZING to work with them. Very pleased with all of my purchases from OGIO and will continue to be a Loyal client!
Value for money bag..Would have loved an attached rain cover & slightly bigger pouches
This is the first time I am purchasing an OGIO back pack. I saw a colleague carrying a stylish NEWT15 and couldn't wait to get one for myself. Unfortunately most durable/stylish OGIO backpacks are not available in Asia and I had to order one from BagKing in USA and ship it to Singapore.
I got the Watson, but the actual backpack isn't as purple as it looks in the picture (thankfully) but rue that the Yellow based Strilux or the Bandit II models were not in stock.
What's good about this?
- The backpack is durable, looks very compact despite having a reasonable space for 2 books, iPad & laptop.
- The hallmark is it looks very stylish, light weight and very comfortable. This bag feels lot lighter than my earlier backpack which was in fact lighter by itself in comparison to this 2 lbs OGIO!
- The padding for the laptop is top-quality and the many padded pockets relieves me from tangling wires and gadgets.
- I am able to actually keep 2 sun-glasses without cases in the upper pouch.
What I would have loved to have:
- A good distribution model for Asia, which would have meant the back pack would have cost me about $40 less...sigh
- A bit more padding on the shoulder straps like NEWT
- Rain cover/hood, which I used frequently with my earlier backpack (In Asia many people use public transport or walk within business parks)
- Slightly bigger pouches on the side (this would have helped me to easily keep a laptop charger and a mobile charger, without having to open the main compartments frequently)
Never thought I would be a backpack guy. I always thought it was odd for grown men to carry one. I traveled with a coworker that had one and saw how convenient it was. So I found a deal on one and thought I would try it out and boy now i'm hooked. It makes things so much easier and organized. Highly recommend it.
So i bought this bag to replace a Ogio bag of about 5 years. after doing my research the bandit 17 looked to be the best fit for me based on its features and its price. i have only had the bag a week and i love it its amazing how much a good bag can make your back feel better
Pros: lots of storage, padded zippered compartments, lots of dividers for organization, great back support, great construction, light weight and a great price
Cons: while its claims to fit most 17" lap tops i find this hard to believe as my 15" mac book pro in its Incase hard shell just fit in the lap top compartment. the cell phone/ mp3 player compartment on the strap is slightly small for those with larger phones my galaxy s3 fits but its not that easy to take in and out.
other then those 2 things this is a great bag and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a new bag for work or school
Well worth it
After reviewing the features of OGIO backpacks (prices range from $60-$150) and reading feedback from others, I decided to purchase the Bandit 17 (MSRP $90). I have used the backpack for both domestic and international travels and it's the perfect size. The Bandit has lots and lots of pockets for travel accessories (like smartphone, chargers, iTouch, mouse, laptop, Ipad, office supplies, sunglasses, books, wallet, passport, etc). It also has a nifty pocket for a water bottle...even a large 32 oz bottle! The backpack is comfortable and doesn't feel heavy even when it is completely filled. The Bandit strikes a perfect balance between size, weight and price. I highly recommend it. WORD of CAUTION: The only down side is the Ipad sleeve isn't deep enough. Therefore, if you have an Ipad with a separate padded cover or keyboard, the unit will NOT fit inside the backpack's table protective sleeve. This is the reason I rated the Bandit a 4 “star” instead of 5.